Thursday, 28 September 2017

Baby died by overheated warmer

28/09/2017

PUNE: A newborn baby girl died who had sustained 80% burn injuries after the warmer in which she was kept in a private hospital at Budhwar Peth overheated on Tuesday morning. Family members claimed they heard a sound `like an explosion` and saw smoke emanating from the machine.

Initial investigations revealed that the warmer overheated due to a short circuit. The baby is being treated in the intensive care unit (ICU) of another hospital. Her condition is critical," said senior inspector Appasaheb Shevale of the Vishrambaug police station.


The police have booked gynaecologist Gaurav Chopade, who runs Vatsalya Hospital, and his staff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment